Monday, January 23, 2017

Let's get it Done!

Good Morning! There's the sun shining through my window and I've had my coffee, that equals a beautiful day ahead! As the new year rolled in with a bang for me, I realized that I had not set any resolutions for 2017. I was determined to skip this year rituals as I can never fulfill my promise to myself, so why the hell should I make more empty promises, right? I thought I'd do this 'self inflicted empty promises' differently this year!

For starters, I am going to continue to try my best to be the best that I can be, but not at the expense of feeling deflated because I couldn't get a task done.

This year, it's all about me! Selfish? Well, maybe I am. :-)
I will start to live out my dreams day by day  and if I don't get it done....then there's always tomorrow!

Breathe: Happy to get that all out.

I have joined a challenge hosted by a Carla of Carla's Creations, which I made a pinky -swear that I will try my best to create one item a month from my ever growing stash of sewing books. I thought this was such a great idea, as i can now justify my need to spend too many hours roaming Chapters and too much money purchasing books and not creating anything.


I have a few others that I've "collected" (sounds better than saying bought haha) over last week! Well, truthfully, two were ordered and one I went on the hunt for and it was well worth it!

So, In order stay on my planned budget expense list, I've decided to purchase one book (chuckle), we shall see, spending $20 -$25 every two weeks. Sounds like an excellent plan to me! So now I have to clear additional space on my bookcase!

This month, I will create a pot holder from Sadef Imer's "Quilt Petite" book.
There are so many new techniques in this book, and it was tough choosing what to make, that I've decided to jump right in and face the seam ripper without fear attempting Paper Piecing! Ive always wanted to try English Paper Piecing and this is a great opportunity to give it a go. Making my own pot holders is going to be interesting. I promise to keep you posted!



It's time to get my work started picking fabrics and gathering my supplies. 
Let's see if I can stay on track.

Have a Super-fantstically morning!
Keshia







4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of setting a "projects" resolution! It's simple, but I know how the year flies by when I don't pay attention. I too have a lot of sewing and crafting books/magazines that I need to create from! Thanks for sharing - can't wait to see which projects you tackle throughout the year!
    xo, Haley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can get some creating done this year! I know time flies...you blink and it's Christmas again! :-) Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep making/ creating awesome works of art😋

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm selfish your are not. Versionary yes

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave your comment below and have a "Super~Fantastic" Day.